Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love

Sunday, November 16, 2014

International Festival

Last week November 13th, I was able to experience an International Festival, which was held in the ballroom at the Nigh University Center.  The festival was free to all UCO students, faculty, staff and the community.

I can honestly say I was a little overwhelmed at first due my claustrophobic and the sever body order I smelled in front of me when I jumped in a life for food sampling, but besides the uncontrollable situation that I could not change from my experience walking in the door, I enjoyed myself.
Complete cultural shock when I walked into the ballrooms. While waiting inline, I just thought to myself how amazing it was to experience several different cultural in one day.

Free food? A college students favorites words to hear. It’s not my fault that I’m a picky eater right? I confess, I did not try each item that was given at the festival but the items that I did try were absolutely amazing. I went with one of my friends to the festival and we actually had a great time experiencing how these students around our age show what they truly have a passion for. It made me think twice on my passions and dreams.

It's a cultural shock, you can say with the different variety of food to select from. I may be a picky eater but when I see things that interest me or looks delicious, I can't help myself with trying knew things. I think the international experience is a great experience to have, especially if you’re like me and you are a broke college student that can’t fly around the world to experience all the different types that are offered around the country.

This experience gave students a feel of the different perspective that they may not have received if they went to different schools.



I also believe that this experience gives students in different cultures a experience to show off their country and to explain why they have a passion to cook or their love back home.


I’m not exactly sure what country or culture I enjoyed the most but everyone did a great job. I loved the fact that everyone dressed the part of their culture they represented. If you didn't have a chance to go this year, I highly suggest you make time to go next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment